“iCloud” and “Continuity” on Mac are among the many features of Apple devices. In addition, all devices can access live data when signed in with the same Apple ID. iMessage can be accessed on your Mac where you left off. If you don’t know how to solve iMessage not syncing on Mac problems? Don’t worry, here is a step by step guide to check all solutions.
However, changes in settings usually cause iMessages to stop syncing. Get your Mac’s iMessage sync working again.
Imessage On Mac Not Syncing How To Fix Manual
Text messages can be manually synced when iCloud isn’t syncing. iMessage should now show your new texts on your Mac. Alternatively, you can try the following. Here are the steps:
- Start by opening the “Message” app.
- Choose “Preferences” under “Messages.”
- To access iMessage, select the “iMessage” tab.
- Next, enable iCloud messages by checking the box.
- “Sync Now” should be clicked.
How To Check Settings On Mac When iMessage Not Syncing?
Additionally, ensure that your iPhone is set to sync iMessage with your Mac. To get started, proceed as follows:
- The “Settings” app can be found in the App Store.
- First, activate the “iMessage” toggle switch under “Messages.” Turn it green if not. Activation might take a while.
- Then press the button.
- iMessage will ask you for your Apple ID if you see the option.
- Email, Apple IDs, and mobile numbers all allow sending and receiving messages.
- Start a new conversation by tapping your mobile number.
- Apple ID is displayed at the bottom. Using this ID will let you access iMessage on your Mac.
- Select “FaceTime” in “Settings.”
- FaceTime can be reached at your mobile number and Apple ID.
Keep Your Mac And Iphone Updated
A current OS is required for iMessage to function properly. iPhone and macOS updates are easy.
How To Check Update MacOS on Mac
- “System Preferences” is available in the Apple menu.
- “Software Update” can be found in “System Preferences.”
- Upgrade or update by clicking “Update Now.”
- The macOS operating system will be updated by clicking “Update Now.” “Update Now” updates MacOS.
How To Check Update iOS on iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and ensure it is plugged in.
- “Settings” should be open.
- Under “General,” select “Software Update.”
- If there are two updates available, choose one.
- Then click Install.
The option to “Download and Install” will appear instead. “Install Now” after entering your passcode.
Try Restarting iMessage
Ensure your device has the latest OS installed by rebooting the app. Here’s how:
- In the Settings app, tap General.
- On the home screen, tap “Messages.”
- Toggle off the “iMessage” toggle switch.
- Next, open the “Message” application.
- Accounts, Preferences, and Messages.
- Turn off “Enable Account under Apple ID.”
- Then try again after a few minutes when both devices are connected.
Check Your Apple ID
By signing in to Apple ID, ensure the correct Apple ID is listed:
- Access Apple ID by signing in.
- Check your Apple ID and mobile number under “Reachable At.” Other details can be added.
- If the messages haven’t synced, restart your Mac and iPhone.
Use Your Mac To Send An iMessage
You may need to send one to help trigger the synchronization, so try one from your Mac. Mac users can send messages as follows:
- iMessage requires signing in with your Apple ID.
- Select “New Message” from the menu.
- To send a test text message, type a recipient’s name, number, or email address. Contacts can be added using the “Add” button.
- Enter your message in the message field.
- Send by hitting Enter.
- Upon sending, your Mac should start syncing.
How To Fix iMessage Not Syncing On Mac Issue – FAQs
Does deleting a message on iMessage delete it from all devices?
Deleted text messages will be deleted from all your devices once iCloud syncs, for example.
Can I find deleted iMessages?
An iCloud backup can be used to retrieve deleted iPhone text messages. Finder or iTunes can also recover texts if you save backups. Alternatively, you can recover deleted messages from your cellular carrier.
How do I delete messages from my Mac?
Mac users can delete iMessage conversations as follows:
- First, click the deleted text in the “Message” app.
- Then, click the “Delete” button.
How do I decide how long messages are kept?
Set the duration of your texts here:
- The “Messages” app is available on Macs.
- Under “Messages,” “Preferences,” click “General.”
- Click “Keep messages” and select the time you want them kept.
After the selected time, your conversations with attachments will automatically be removed.
IMessage Not Syncing On Mac Updated
Apple provides seamless sync features such as “iCloud” and “Continuity.” Make sure both devices are signed in and synchronizing correctly. Text messages should be viewable from your Mac.
In this case, you can try manually syncing in iCloud or sending a text message. Have you updated your Mac iMessages? How did you resolve the issue? Let us know what you think.