I think it is a great idea to eliminate unnecessary distractions while driving. However, new vehicles are being released daily with improved technology. For example, Android Auto features like voice control and navigation are built into the car’s infotainment system today.
So, you can root your car’s head unit and charge your phone with a USB cable, so we’ve got you covered. We’ve listed three quick methods below for you to disable Android Auto.
How To Disable Android Auto?
Uninstalling programs that are no longer needed is the first solution that comes to mind. This is a perfectly legitimate solution. Unfortunately, however, Android Auto lacks the scope for implementing this solution. If you want to uninstall the app, tap it for a few seconds and choose Uninstall.
In contrast, the App comes pre-installed on Android versions 10 and later. So rooting your device is the only way to remove the application from your device permanently.
How To Disable The Android Auto App On An Android Device?
There is the possibility of other apps being affected after disabling an Android app, particularly the System apps. However, it will always solve the problem anyway when it comes to Force Stop. Therefore, use this option only if none of the other solutions below works for you and your phone runs Android 10 or higher.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- You can find the App management button by scrolling down.
- Then, click the App list link on the follow-up screen.
- Open Android Auto’s information by finding it in the list.
- Right-click the top right corner and choose Force Stop.
- The program will stop automating after the move uninstalls all the updates it has downloaded.
Also Read it> How to Check Last Seen On Whatsapp If Hidden
Why Does Android Auto Automatically Launch?
You can prevent your head unit from automatically connecting to Android Auto by using this method. You can even charge your device or connect it via Bluetooth without deleting the Android Autoconfiguration. If you use Android Auto again in the future, you will not need to set it up again for your car.
- Enter Android Auto in the top search bar of your device’s settings.
- Select Android Auto from the menu.
- Under the Phone screen settings, select Auto-launch.
- You can toggle off Auto-launch by swiping left.
How Can Android Auto Forget About Connected Cars?
If you do not want to delete the App, a feasible alternative is to remove the car from the connected cars list.
- Go to the Android Auto app.
- On the top left corner of the screen, click on the three horizontal lines button.
- Select settings from the menu. On Android 10 and above, choose Android Auto from the settings menu.
- Choose Previously connected cars from the menu.
- Drag the toggle to the left to add a new car to Android Auto.
- Please refer to the picture above if your car is listed under Accepted vehicles.
- Click on the Forget all cars button to delete all of the cars.