The Headset Icon or Headphone symbol won’t appear in the Notification Bar of an Android phone. Android phones often have problems with their notification bars. I will explain to you in this article how you can easily remove the headphone icon from any Android device.
The headphone symbol not disappearing from the notification bar is the most common problem on Nokias, Redmi Note 4, Oppo, Redmi Note 3, LG, and Samsung Duos.
The following tips will help you resolve the Headphone Icon Problem on all Android phone brands, including:
- The lava
- ZTE etc.
Read Also: How To Fix No Sound In Your Mobile Phone’s Speaker
Causes of Notification Bar Icon
Headphone mode is activated even without plugged-in headphones. A media player, including the YouTube App, will not function when its volume increases or decreases. The Phone is turning up or down the volume of the headphones, not the Phone’s speaker.
There is no ring tone to hear during incoming calls as the Phone thinks you are wearing headphones and will ring in the Headphones.
- If you do not plug in a headphone, the Phone might act as if you have plugged it in.
- It may cause a headache for you.
- How to Remove Notification Bar
1. Cleaning The 3.5 Mm Headphone Jack
The problem with the Headphone Icon is caused by dirt. Android phones have a 3.5 mm headphone jack that can accept unwanted objects.
- Disconnect your headphones and clean the hole in the jack.
- Don’t use anything sharp, such as pointed tweezers.
- SIM Ejector Tool or a precision screwdriver are recommended.
- This tool will not harm the audio jack.
- Insert the headphones and check after cleaning them properly.
- The problem will solve approximately 20 to 30 percent of the time.
2. Sound Enhancement Settings
The following steps should help you resolve the Headphone Icon / Symbol issue if the above does not work:
- Select Sound & Vibration FROM the Settings menu, or go to Additional Settings >> Headphones & Audio Effects for these settings.
- Activate the Sound Enhancer / Audio Enhancer by plugging in your headphones.
- You can choose from the Mi Earbuds, the Mi In-Ear, the Basic Edition, the General, and many others.
- Select the type of your headphones.
- Here you can select another Headphone than the default one.
- Check to see if the icon disappeared when you removed the Headphone.
- Plug in the headphones again after removing them.
- The Headphone Icon will disappear once the process repeats.
- 80% to 90% of the time, this will solve your Headphone Icon problem.
3. Reset Your Device
- It may still be visible in the notification bar if the headphone icon does not disappear.
- If resetting your phone does not help, you can try restarting it.
- Maintain a safe place for all your important documents and contact information.
- Set the Phone to Factory Reset mode by going to the settings.
- The Power Button, Volume Up/Down, and the Home Button can also use.