This article is intended to explain the concept of how to easily disable youtube shorts permanently in more detail. Youtube shorts have less content and are less popular than Instagram reels in terms of content and popularity. However, due to its unique full-length videos and popularity, YouTube is one of the apps many users avoid because of its unique video format.
How To Remove Youtube Shorts New Update In 2023
There is an increasing trend toward short YouTube videos and Instagram reels. However, while Shorts are popular with some, only some find them appealing, and they may even be distracting when browsing the platform. Consequently, YouTube Shorts can be easily disabled on both the YouTube app and YouTube’s website.
Easily Disable Youtube Shorts Permanently
Almost universal agreement that short-form content consumes a lot of time from the user and is a useful tool for companies trying to retain their customers. You can disable Shorts, however, using a workaround because YouTube does not immediately let you do so.
You should also disable YouTube shorts if you don’t enjoy them. Unfortunately, you can’t disable Shorts in the YouTube app, but there are a few ways around it.
Some Methods For Permanently Disabling Youtube Shorts
There are several ways to disable YouTube Shorts, which is what this post focuses on:
01. First, Change Settings On Youtube
Here are the steps to remove Shorts from YouTube by adjusting your YouTube Settings:
- On the top, tap your avatar and select Settings.
- You can find the General option under the Settings menu.
- Make sure the shorts are turned off.
- Restart the YouTube application.
02. Create A “Not Interested” Short
If you are not interested in watching the Shorts video, simply tap the not interested option at the top right corner. In order to remove all Shorts videos from your homepage, repeat these actions until no longer videos from Shorts can be found on the homepage.
03. Youtube App Version Downgraded
Introducing YouTube Shorts! YouTube Shorts is a new feature that is now included with the YouTube app (i.e., starting with YouTube 18.104.22.168. By downgrading YouTube’s app version to 14.12.56, YouTube Shorts can be disabled quickly and easily.
To do that, you must:
- You can access the settings here.
- You can access YouTube by going to Apps > All Apps.
- Then tap Uninstall Updates after selecting the three dots.
04. Using Youtube Vanced
Alternatively, you could use YouTube Vanced instead of YouTube. You can turn off YouTube Shorts with the YouTube Vanced app. As a bonus, it offers some great features, including ad blocker and background playback.
This app supports the following methods for disabling YouTube Shorts:
- Upgrade your YouTube subscription to YouTube Vanced.
- On the top left of the app, you will find the Settings menu.
- You can find the advanced settings under Ad settings.
- You can find the Shorts shelf at the bottom of the page.
- To disable YouTube Shorts, ensure the switch is on.
- How To Disable Youtube Shorts On Mobile Devices
YouTube Shorts are most commonly found within the YouTube mobile app, so this is where you’ll find them most often. You might find it fun and it closely relates to your watch history, but it may be distracting, slow your device down, or take advantage of your data without your consent.
Some Methods You Can Try If You’re Using An Android Device
The YouTube app may be downgraded in the future and this method may no longer work.
- Google Play Store users can disable automatic YouTube updates.
- From a reliable APK source, download a previous version of the YouTube app (such as 22.214.171.124).
- Download the APK file and update your phone if you plan to use the app.
- The downloaded app should no longer display Shorts.
Disable Youtube Shorts On Apple IOS
Apple products do not provide a direct method for disabling YouTube Shorts on iOS. However, the iOS web browser can be used in desktop mode as a workaround:
- You can visit YouTube’s official website by opening your phone’s web browser.
- The site’s desktop version can be found in the settings or menu of your browser.
- Your YouTube account must be logged in.
- You can hide the Shorts panel for 30 days by visiting the YouTube homepage and clicking the x in the upper right corner.
Conclusion Of How To Easily Disable Youtube Shorts Permanently
Is it possible to remove Shorts from YouTube the best way? The four ways and one trick we discussed in this post can help you.
We believe it is time for you to give one of them a try and see how it turns out. In the event that you run into any difficulties as a result of disabling YouTube Shorts, please leave a comment in the comment section.