Touch Screens on iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch not working properly or in unresponsive mode. The solution applies to all models of the iPhone:
- 10th generation of the iPhone
- iPhone 8
- A new iPhone
- Includes the iPhone 7 and few other models.
Among the most common iPhone touchscreen problems are unresponsiveness and malfunction. This problem affects all iPhone models. However, there is an easy solution to the problem. The touchscreen issue in any version is easily corrected if you have any previous assembly and disassembly experience.
Read Also: How To Fix The iPhone Not Charging Problem
The Touchscreen Controller chip is present in all iPhone models thus far. However, the IC for different models of iPhones has different Part Numbers. However, its location and function do not change.
How To Fix The Iphone Touch Screen
It is a guide to helping you fix iPhone touchscreen problems step by step. It applied to all models of iPhone, including:
- Apple’s original iPhone
- Introducing the iPhone 6
- Apple’s iPhone 5S
- A new iPhone 5C is here
- An iPhone 5 is on the way
- A ersion of iPhone 3GS
An Analysis Of Its Solution
- The screws on the housing of the iPhone carefully remove with a precision screwdriver.
- Take all the screws inside of the phone and carefully disassemble every part of it until you get to the logic board. Observe the disassembly sequence. Assembling the iPhone will be easier with this information.
- iPhone’s logic board contains an IC similar to the one shown above. Various models of the iPhone use different Touchscreen Controller ICs. For example, Touch Screen Controller IC for iPhone 4S is TI 343S0538.
- It is possible that the dry solder blame for the touchscreen issue. Make sure to apply good quality no-clean flux to all sides of the IC with the ESD-Safe Brush.
- Hot air should be given to the IC using a hot air blower. Provide some height when you blow hot air. You can melt solder by blowing hot air from too close. This step does not involve melting the solder. However, removing oxides from solder joints is all that is necessary.
- Using the ESD-Safe Brush, clean the logic board with any good PCB cleaning chemical, such as IPA.
- Check the touchscreen on the iPhone after reassembling it. The problem has been resolved.
- The Touchscreen Controller IC may need to be replaced if the problem is not resolved.
More Read: How Do I Use Google Reverse Image Search
If the symptom persists after following the steps above, you will need to complete a troubleshooting process.
It is highly recommended to reboot the system immediately when experiencing software-related issues, including random screen freezes. Your iPhone touchscreen does not respond. So, you will have to perform a forced restart instead of a normal reboot. You should follow these steps if you are using an iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or later iPhone:
- Hold down the Volume Up button and release it.
- Lowering volume is done by pressing Volume Down button.
- As soon as you see Apple logo, hold Side button.
Apple’s iPhone 7 and 7 Plus force a restart in this way:
- By holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously, the Apple logo will appear.
Here’s how to force it to restart for iPhone versions below 6:
- While holding the Home and Power buttons for a few seconds, reveal the Apple logo and release all buttons.