Edge is a very useful browser that offers many useful features. The browser’s settings can always be altered if you are dissatisfied with its configuration. Google is the default search engine on Android, but you can change it. The options are limited, but it’s possible to change them. Find out how to change search engine on android phone quickly by reading on.
Android Edge Default Search Engine
If you want to change search engines, Microsoft Edge allows you to pick from a few options. Tap the three-lined menu at the bottom right of the Edge app to view those options. When the bottom menu appears, click on Settings at the bottom of the screen.
Edge is a great browser with many useful features. You can always modify the settings of the browser if you are unsatisfied with how the browser is configured.
The default search engine on your Android device can be changed to suit your needs. You have a limited number of options, but you can change it. Even if you’re in a hurry, learn how to make this change.
How To Change Default Search Engine on Android
Microsoft Edge does not allow you to add another search engine. However, when you switch from one app to another, you are given a few options to choose from. These options can be viewed by clicking on the following link:
- Open the Edge app and tap on the three-lined menu at the bottom right
- When the bottom menu appears
- In the top right-hand corner, tap on the cogwheel and select Settings
- After selecting the General option, select the Search Engine option
- Search engines other than Bing are available, such as Yahoo, Google, and DuckDuckGo
- By tapping the white plus icon, open a new tab with your new search engine
- This icon appears if there are no tabs open
- Tapping that square will open more tabs
Select the plus icon and enter a new topic. In addition to previewing the open tabs, you can remember already searching for a topic. So, you want to open only one tab on the same subject. The search engine change does not require restarting the browser.
How To Change Search Engine On Android Phone
Open a new tab to view your new choice. Changing your browser is not a problem at all. There is only one thing you have to do, which is to follow the instructions provided. The default search engine for Edge can be used even when you are in a hurry now that you know how to do so.
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Tap “Search Engine.”
- Choose one of the search engines from the list.