The proximity sensor works rarely, but sometimes it does. This problem is easily fixed by most people. If your phone’s proximity sensor does not work, I will discuss how to fix the problem. You can use these solutions on any model of iPhone or Android smartphone, including:
- Nokia and much more
One of the key features on every smartphone is the proximity sensor, though it is invisibly hiding. Sometimes, the need to remember its role, not overstate. Mobile devices use proximity sensors to detect our facial features and make gestures. There are a few common sensor issues reported:
- When I place my phone close to my ear, the Android screen goes dark.
- It’s dark after a phone call ends on my phone.
- It is very difficult for my smartphone to unlock its face.
- I cannot turn off the screen while I’m on the phone.
A Hardware or Software problem may cause these issues. Listed below are some solutions to fix the not working call sensor error on Android.
What Is The Function Of Proximity Sensor?
A proximity sensor uses to detect distance from the skin or any other object. When we get a call, this feature disables the touchscreen. To avoid any unintentional input, we hold the phone close to our ear.
How Do I Know If My Proximity Sensor Is Working?
The proximity sensor should be tested to ensure it is working correctly. It is using the built-in ‘Diagnostics and Usage’ feature of the Apple iPhone. To test the proximity sensor on Android, follow these steps:
- Click on Settings => About Phone => All Specifications => Kernel Version
- My Redmi Note 5Pro has a “Kernel Version” option. Your Brand and Model may have the Option somewhere else.
- Press “Kernel Version” 5 times. All Hardware tests on a new screen.
- It is necessary to perform a “Proximity Sensor Test.”.
- The Hardware will pass the test if it passes.
- If it is in good working condition, it is not faulty.
How Do I Check The Proximity Sensor On My iPhone?
When you haven’t installed a new screen, and the problem persists. Performing a Soft Reset is the easiest fix. The problem solves in 99% of the cases.
However, if you are experiencing problems after the screen replacement, the proximity sensor is likely to be blocked by something. When replacing a screen, most technicians will use some glue or tape.
Make sure that the technician checks the connections between the sensors and the main logic board. The sensors may be blocked by glue, tape, or paint. Fix the issue by removing any such items.
Screen Protector Glass was installed before the sensor problem developed. Install the Glass properly and make sure it fits your model. In addition, be sure the iPhone’s back cover doesn’t cover the sensor.
How Do I Fix The Proximity Sensor On My Android Phone?
How Do You Use A Green Screen Mockup?
When it comes to replacing a phone screen, most mobile phone technicians use glue or tape. If the sensor connector block by glue, tape, or paint, ask the technician to examine the connector to the main PCB.
The Sensor Problem might have taken place just after installing a Screen Protector Glass. Install the Glass correctly and make sure it matches your model. In addition, make sure the iPhone’s rear cover doesn’t cover the sensor.
Also Read: Future Predictions For Social Engineering
Does Screen Replacement Affect Phone?
- It would be best if you restarted the phone.
- Then, go to “Call Setting.” You can find the “Call Setting” option on most Android smartphones by pressing the Dealer. This feature may be available in Settings for certain brands and models.
- Go to the “Incoming Call Settings” section
4. Enable “Proximity Sensor”
5. The problem fixes 99% of the time if it has been done.
6. The problem can also be resolved by soft-resetting the phone.
7. Flash the software if the problem has not been resolve.