Every smartphone comes pre-installed with a ROM. A lot of the features can be managed by AOSP alone. A custom skin is a skin applied to the stock Android or a custom skin to a particular brand. How to install a custom ROM, OneUI is a custom UX used by Samsung phones, for example. The Xiaomi smartphones use MIUI, the Oppo phones use ColorOS, and the OnePlus phones use OxygenOS. There is no standard UI, and every one has its features.
Some people like specific UIs or skins, while others don’t. The idea of installing themes and modifying system elements may be appealing to some users. In comparison, others prefer to have a cleaner, more minimalistic experience. Custom Android ROMs are installed in this scenario.
Read More: How To Install A Custom ROM On A Xiaomi
What is Custom ROM?
There are different types of custom ROMs developed by various community developers to add extra features to smartphones. Roms are installed on a smartphone in a variety of different ways. Now let’s see what custom ROM can do for the Samsung Galaxy M20.
Using Odin To Flash TWRP:
- By searching for your device here, you can find and download the .tar for your device
- Put your phone in download mode or Odin mode. This mode can be booted into by looking up the correct key combination.
- By double-clicking on the previously downloaded zip file, Odin will launch.
- Internet access is required for your device. The reply from Odin will be “Added”. In the case of proper detection
- Select AP and then locate your downloaded .tar file
- Uncheck the repartition and then click start.
- As you restart your device, use the proper key combination to let TWRP patch your system.
Using Heimdall To Flash TWRP
- You need to boot your device into Odin
- Frontend launch for Heimdall
- If you connect your device, make sure all the drivers are installed and that it is detected.
- Download the .pit from your device’s utility menu by going to Utility>Download PIT in Heimdal
- Put the .pit file into the PIT category of flash.
- Select twrp.img and the partition for recovery. Click add.
- Click start and ensure that repartition is disabled
- Start your device in TWRP and allow it to patch the system when it boots
- You can now flash your ROM using adb sideload