With Xiaomi, you will get affordable products with the latest features. India’s most popular smartphone brand.
In contrast, many Xiaomi users dislike its Android skin. MIUI is a forked version of Android that is commonly utilized by Xiaomi and Redmi devices.
The stock ROM updates come in two formats for Xiaomi, Mi, and Redmi phones. The Recovery ROM and the fast boot ROM. Recovery ROMs are only installed by using the Recovery or Local Update methods. MiFlash Tool is required to install Fastboot ROMs.
Almost all Xiaomi, Mi, Redmi, and even POCO smartphones come with the exact instructions. We maintain Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 and MIUI 12.5 Recovery ROMs and Fastboot ROMs. You can access all download links for all supported phones across regions and versions through there.
The MIUI apps also contain oblivious advertisements on top of the unintuitive Android skin. In any case, it is not removed in conventional ways.
MIUI 11 represents a bright spot for Xiaomi users. With all the features and improvements in the new user interface.
Read More: How To See Deleted Messages On Whatsapp
How Do I Install A Custom Rom On A Xiaomi Device?
Stock Android is not included in most smartphones. It is possible to customize a custom ROM to a great extent. You’ll be able to update Android faster and change the theme of your phone. Almost all of this is because custom ROMs and rooting go hand in hand.
Custom ROMs on Xiaomi devices are challenging to install, resulting in several risks. Including unresponsiveness and bricked devices. If you want to backup your phone, you can use Xiaomi cloud or third-party applications.
Here Is The Process For Installing Custom Rom On Miui Devices Without Any Further Ado:
1. Unlock The Bootloader Of The Xiaomi Device
Here is a brief about the process.
A bootloader unlocked before it used:
- Syncing your phone number to your Xiaomi account
- Turned on developer settings
- Unlocking the MI
How To Unlock MIUI’s Bootloader
- Go to Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable Find my device.
- Select Add account and device from Mi Unlock Status in Developer settings.
- Use the Mi Unlock tool installed on your PC to unlock the phone.
- Start the unlocking process by connecting your device to a PC.
Upon completing the unlock process, the Mi unlock tool will display the error message Couldn’t unlock. It will take Xiaomi 168 hours to process the request. So, users will have to wait and try again.
2. Install the Custom Recovery
The Android Recovery is available on most Android devices. With Recovery, users can perform different tasks like:
- Factory resetting devices
- Installing custom images
- And more.
Also Read: How To Find Your Windows 10 Product Key Or Product License
Custom Recovery Installation Prerequisites
- Facebook SDK and ADB
- You’ll get a custom recovery zip file with it
How Do I Install A Custom Recovery On My Xiaomi Device?
- Install the Android SDK on your PC.
- Open Command Line (CMD) from Start.
- Shut down the Xiaomi device. With the Volume Down button and Power button pressed together, you’ll be able to enter Fastboot mode.
- Computers and devices are connected via USB cables.
- In the command window, type fastboot devices.
- You can download the custom recovery image for your device.
- Make a copy of the file into ADB’s source folder.
- Type fastboot flash recovery. img, and press Enter.
The “Could not load the file” error means that the recovery file has not been copied to the original ADB folder.
3. Install The Custom ROM
It will help if your device is hard-bricking. For a fast boot recovery of the MIUI original ROM, please follow the instructions below.
- Installation requirements for Custom ROMs
- Zip file with custom ROMs
- The GApps Zip archive
How do I install a Custom ROM on my Xiaomi device?
- Install the custom ROM on your device.
- An internal storage must be available on your device, which can be accessed using the USB cable.
- Your custom recovery can be accessed by pressing both Volume Up and Power together.
- On the custom recovery, locate the zip file and install it.
- Once the process is complete, wipe your device’s data and cache.
- Then reboot
There is a different layout for every custom recovery. Most of the settings listed above, however. Use the same method to install the Google Applications if the custom ROM does not include them. However, you do not need to widen your data or cache in this case.