A very popular messaging app is WhatsApp, which is cross-platform. Users access WhatsApp Web in large numbers. This messaging app is accessible through several different web-based clients. Platforms supporting the app include iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
WhatsApp also offers a Web version. Users can view their conversations on the web. The original WhatsApp app was only available on mobile devices. It changed in January 2015 with the launch of WhatsApp Web.
It is simply a web client attached to a smartphone. They can only view the messages and conversations they receive on their mobile device through WhatsApp Web. These messages will not transfer to their computer. The user’s phone still stores everything for security reasons.
Benefits of WhatsApp’s Web app
Open the WhatsApp Web app after scanning the Web QR code. Sending messages and files is now possible without using a phone. Maintaining a conversation log is easy on the computer. A new message doesn’t need to view on both the phone and the PC. The web browser can be used for both reading and replying.
WhatsApp Web’s most significant advantage is that you can type messages directly from your PC’s keyboard. As a result, you will be able to type much faster than on your phone’s keyboard. It will make it easier to write lengthy formal messages.
There is no voice or video calling functionality in WhatsApp Web, unlike the mobile app. However, using the Messenger Rooms feature on the web version, you can make group video calls. When you create a group video chat room, you can send the link to those you want to invite.
There is also no Facebook login required. Please note that Messenger Rooms are not end-to-end encrypted. If you currently use WhatsApp on your Samsung Android device but haven’t tried WhatsApp Web yet.
How To Use WhatsApp Web: A Simple Guide
QR code needed for authentication in the WhatsApp Web app. Moreover, you can find the QR code on the web interface since it mirrors the app. The web interface requires an internet connection.
You can lose your internet connection if this occurs. The next step is to learn how we can use WhatsApp Web. There are two similar ways to use WhatsApp Web:
- Using the browser on the PC.
- Installing it on your PC can be done by downloading the setup.
- You are free to use the browser on your computer or WhatsApp on your PC to discuss both methods.
In A Web Browser
Follow these steps to access WhatsApp from your web browser on your computer:
- From your PC, access WhatsApp Web.
- Tap the Three Dots or Menu on your phone to access WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp Web can be accessed by tapping it.
- QR codes on computer screens can be scanned with the camera on your sensor.
How To Use WhatsApp On PC?
In this method, a few changes were made to the first one. The procedure outline below. Using WhatsApp on your PC is as easy as following these instructions:
- Get WhatsApp for your computer and install it.
- Open the WhatsApp Web app on a mobile phone.
- On Android, you can use WhatsApp web by selecting the Chats tab > Menu or Three Dots > WhatsApp Web.
- You can use WhatsApp web on an iPhone by going to Settings > WhatsApp Web > Scan QR Code.
- You can use WhatsApp web on Windows Phone by going to Menu > WhatsApp web in the Chats screen.
- Scanning the QR code on your computer screen with your phone will allow you to use WhatsApp on your PC.
Advantages of WhatsApp Web
- Writing a message is easy with the keyboard.
- It is easier to send files.
- So, faster copying and pasting of links.
- Charge your smartphone while you use WhatsApp.
- You should save your mobile phone’s battery.
- By not constantly checking your phone, you can work more efficiently.
- You can use Whatsapp simultaneously on your desktop and mobile.
- The same computer can use for multiple Whatsapp accounts.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp web
- In case your phone does not have an active internet connection, WhatsApp web will disconnect.
- An off-smartphone will not work with WhatsApp web.
- Only Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Safari are compatible.
- Using your phone’s WhatsApp account can allow someone to use your account. It would help if you protected it.