Your Android device’s background data can be limited by turning off the feature. In addition, these apps consume battery life. Background data can drain your battery quickly, so restrict it. Turning off this option may not be suitable for those who want their apps to be always up-to-date. Check out how to turn background data on or off on your Android device, no matter if it’s a Samsung or other mobile company.
How To Turn off Background Data on Your Android Mobile
Here are the steps you need to follow if you wish to turn this feature on or off.
- In the Settings app, go to Network and Internet.
- Go to the Mobile network section, followed by the App data usage section.
- In order of data usage, the most data-intensive apps will appear first.
- The list can grow very long based on your installed apps.
How To Restrict Background Data On Android Phone
Here is what you need to do if you want to disable Background Data in your browser. Then toggle Background Data on/off in the app. If you turn off background messaging, you will get your messages once you open the app. For each app to be able to restrict the use of data, you will have to do the same.
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Advanced > Data Saver to restrict background data for all apps, but add a few exceptions.
- At the top of the page, you have the option of turning the feature on or off.
- Despite Data Saver, you can also use Unrestricted data to grant full access to apps you want.
- Select an app from the complete list by tapping this option.
How To Enable or Disable Background Data on Samsung Or Android Phones
You will need to follow slightly different major steps for Samsung phones.
- Settings > Sata Usage > Mobile Data Usage is where you need to go.
- Turn Background Data on or off for any app you want, and that’s it.
- With the help of this method, you can identify which apps consume excessive amounts of mobile data.
- Alternatively, you can limit how much mobile data you can use on your Android device.
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network > Data warning and limit to set the data warning limit.
Conclusion – Turn Off Background Data For All Smartphone
Mobile apps can use too much data and need to learn how to play it. You need to restrict mobile data access at that point. You can control your mobile data usage with features.