A new issue has arisen with the Redmi Note 9 Pro following its latest Global update. This error has also been described as limiting the volume of the speaker on the Redmi Note 9 Pro. Thus, users are forced to use hands-free speakers or headsets.
This error is unknown at the moment and may be caused by design or manufacturing problems that can be fixed with software. The problem affects virtually the entire Redmi Note 9 series.
How To Fix Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro is Not Ringing
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro often does not play sound. Hardware and software could be involved. You can fix the not-sounding Xiaomi Note 9 Pro in 10 different ways.
1- Restart XIAOMI Redmi Note 9 Pro
Restart your XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO if it doesn’t sound. A restart can resolve minor software glitches. The power menu appears when you hold and press the power button. Once you have restarted or powered off your phone, please turn it on again. Verify that the sound is working.
2- Verify Volume Level
A mute or lower volume setting might also cause an Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro not to sound. Be sure to adjust your volume levels if you need to.
- If you have a Redmi Note 9 Pro, turn it up.
- The volume levels can also be set by going to “Settings” > “Sound” > “Volume”.
- Check that none of them are muted or on the lowest level.
3- Do Not Disturb Mode Turn Off
The XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO can stop producing sounds when set to Do Not Disturb. You can use this mode to silence your phone at specific times.
- Tap the top of the screen to enable Do Not Disturb.
- Turn off the «Do Not Disturb» icon.
- If it’s on, tap it to disable it.
- To manage Do Not Disturb, go to Settings > Sound > Do Not Disturb.
4- Check Audio Jack & Speaker
The audio jack and speaker on your XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO can be damaged or blocked. To resolve this issue, look for damage or debris in the audio jack and speaker.
It is possible to gently remove dirt from the surfaces using a soft brush or cotton swab. Don’t damage the internal components while cleaning. Resolve the sound issue after cleaning.
5- Check Sound Output
Audio is sometimes routed to the wrong output on XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO. Your phone’s sound output should be tested to resolve this issue.
Check if the sound works through headphones on your XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO. Connect the phone’s speaker and play audio through it instead of headphones. The speaker could have a hardware issue if the sound doesn’t work.
6- XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO Software Update
- Sound issues can also be caused by outdated software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions when installing an update by clicking on “Settings” > “System” > “Software Update.”
- After updating, check for sound issues.
7- Delete Problematic App’s Cache & Data
If your XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO has sound issues, clear the cache and data. Find the problematic app in Settings > Apps > All. Tap ‘Storage’ and restart your REDMI NOTE 9 PRO to clear your cache and data. The sound issue should be resolved now.
8- Switch Into Safe Mode
XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO’s Safe Mode can help identify third-party apps causing sound issues. The power button should be held until the power menu appears.
By tapping and holding the “Power off” button, “Safe Mode” will appear. Tap ‘OK’ to enter Safe Mode. Resolve the sound issue. Try uninstalling the recently installed apps in order to find the problematic app.
9- Reset Your Xiaomi Note 9 Pro Setting
In the case that none of the solutions above resolve the sound issue on your XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO, you can reset the device’s settings in order to resolve the issue.
You can reset the settings without deleting any data by going to ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘Reset options’ > ‘Reset app preferences’ or ‘Reset all settings.’ After resetting the device, verify that the sound issue has been resolved.
10- Reset Factory Settings
Factory resets are the last resort when the XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO won’t sound. Please make sure that you have backed up your data and settings before proceeding.
Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset in Recovery Mode. A factory reset on a XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO can be performed as follows:
- To enter Recovery Mode, hold down the power and volume buttons simultaneously.
- If you want to wipe data from your phone or reset it, you can use the volume buttons.
- The power button should be pressed in order to select.
- The power button should be pressed after selecting “Yes”.
- Choose the option to reboot your device after the process is complete.
All data on your phone will be erased after a factory reset. Reinstall your apps and set up your phone again. A factory reset should fix a sound issue caused by software glitches.