When using Samsung Galaxy phones, keeping private photos and videos from prying eyes is a good idea. You can accomplish that with One UI’s default functions. Check out how to hide pictures and videos on Samsung’s Galaxy (android) mobile phone.
Secure Folders from Samsung and Google Photos or OneDrive’s Private Vault can hide your confidential videos and photos.
How to Hide Album in Samsung Gallery
A great feature of Samsung’s One UI software is Secure Folder. Install social media apps on your phone to use multiple accounts and hide apps, documents, and media.
If you want more information on setting up a secure folder on Samsung phones, you can check out our dedicated post about it.
See It Also: How To Fix Text Messages Sound Not Working
1- How to Hide Photos and Videos in Android (Gallery App)
The first step in setting up Secure Folder is to enable it on your phone. In the Gallery application, you can hide photos and videos in Secure Folder after this process is completed.
- Open the Notification menu by swiping it down. Enable Secure Folder from the quick toggles.
- To access the App drawer, swipe up and open it. Identify the Samsung Gallery app with a flower icon and tap it.
- Using the Albums tab, you can browse media by date or view images from the albums.
By selecting an image and opening the preview, you can hide it.
- Choose the ‘Move to Secure Folder’ option from the three-dot menu at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Moving multiple images or videos to the Secure Folder is also possible. A hidden Secure Folder can be found in the App drawer. The Secure Folder will now be available in the App drawer. To check hidden media, you need to authenticate.
2- Use Google Photos Locked Folder
In the default Gallery app on Google Photos for Android, photos and videos can also be hidden in a Locked Folder. Firstly, you will have to set up the app by going to the Utility menu inside the app. To complete these steps, you must update your website.
- Select Google Photos from the app drawer menu and launch it.
- On the bottom bar, tap the Library icon. Select the ‘Utilities’ tab on the top bar of the screen in order to begin using it.
- Select the ‘Set up Locked Folder’ option on the left-hand side of the page and select the Get Started option.
- Next, tap on Set up from the menu that appears.
- Select the images you want to hide in the Photos menu.
- Select Move to Locked Folder from the three-dot menu.
Note: Hidden items cannot be backed up or shared.
In the main Photos menu, images will be moved to a Locked Folder. Under Library > Utility > Locked Folders, you can access hidden media.
While Locked Folders have many advantages, they also have a few drawbacks. All hidden media will be lost if you uninstall Google Photos. Locked Folders do not save your photos or videos to the cloud.
Locked Folder files can’t be accessed on another phone or the web. There is no editing or sharing of media stored in a Locked Folder.
How to Protect Your Samsung Media Files?
Galaxy phones can hide photos and videos with Samsung’s Secure Folder. You may be able to use Personal Vault if you are using OneDrive and Microsoft 365. If you use Google Photos Locked Folder, you should know its limitations.